This is the Happy family. Mr John Happy is the father, and he is 45 years old. Mrs Margaret Happy is the mother, and she is 39 years old. Mr and Mrs Happy have two children called Daniel and Elisabeth. Daniel is 9 years old and Elisabeth is 12. The children have a dog called Rover.
- John is ___________________than his wife.
- Margaret is ____________________ than her children.
- Daniel is ______________________than his sister.
- John’s hair is ____________________ than Margaret’s hair.
- Daniel’s sister is ___________________ than him.
- The children are _____________________ than their parents.
- Margaret’s hair is ____________________ than Elisabeth’s hair.
- Rover runs _____________________ than everybody.
Change the words below into comparatives and see how many different ways you can correctly use them in the above exercise.
old tall young fast short dark long light